What a wonderful first few days in the Music classroom. It has been a joy to get to know the students here at Andrew Sibbald.
Kindergarten
- I can follow classroom routines and procedures
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can keep a steady beat
In Kindergarten, students practiced transitioning to and from music class. We played the game "Walk and Stop" where students moved throughout the music room to the beat in a variety of different ways.
Grade 1 & Grade 2
- I can follow classroom routines and procedures
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can keep a steady beat
- I can repeat and sing sol-mi-do melodic patterns
Grade 1 and 2 students practiced following music class routines. We played the game "Walk and Stop" where students moved throughout the music room to the beat in a variety of different ways. Students also sang the song "Snail, Snail." We practiced singing in light voices, as well as playing rhythm instruments to the steady beat of the song.
Grade 3
- I can follow classroom routines and procedures
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can speak in rhythm with expression
- I can perform alone and in groups
In Grade 3 Music, students practiced following class routines. We played the game "Walk and Stop" where students moved throughout the music room to the beat in a variety of different ways. Students also participated in the game "Jump In, Jump Out." Lucky volunteers got to rap solos, telling us their name and little bit about themselves. It was so fun seeing everyone's personalities shine through.
Grade 4 & Grade 5
- I can follow classroom routines and procedures