The Andrew Sibbald Choir had their first rehearsal on Tuesday, September 16 during lunchtime. It was a great turnout and students had fun singing the "Fruit Canon," known as "The Mango Song." It was heartwarming to see so many students coming together to share the joy of singing!
Forms for choir were sent home with students that were interested. If your Grade 3-5 child is interested, but didn't get a form, please some see Mrs. Odegard on Monday.
Kindergarten
- I can follow classroom routines and procedures
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can recognize high and low sounds
- I can sing and speak with a group
In Kindergarten, students learned the melody to our "Caterpillar, Caterpillar" rhyme. We practiced moving our bodies up and down along with the melody. Students played egg shakers to the song and got to spend more time with Calvin the Caterpillar.
Grade 1
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can keep a steady beat
- I can sing and speak with a group
- I can sing sol-mi intervals
Grade 1 focused on steady beat and sol-mi intervals this week. They learned the melody to the rhyme "Hickory Dickory." Students worked to match pitches while singing. At the end of the week they put it all together as they sang, played the steady beat on the Tick-Tock Blocks, and played glissandos on the Glockenspiel.
Grade 2
- I can keep identify the difference between beat and rhythm
- I can play barred instruments with proper technique
- I can sing and speak with a group
- I can identify and sing sol, mi, intervals
Grade 3
- I can keep the beat in a variety of different ways
- I can perform alone and in groups
- I can sing with good form and technique
- I can identify the different sections to a song
In Grade 3 Music, students participated in "Friendship Stick Game Song" written by Sherryl Sewepagaham, a Cree-Dene teacher, musician, and composer from Northern Alberta. Students sang, and played the stick game together, keeping the beat as they played. Later on in the week, we added the hand drum and gourd shakers to add texture to the song.


Grade 4
- I can keep the beat in a variety of different ways
- I can perform alone and in groups
- I can sing with good form and technique
- I can play barred instruments with proper technique
- I can keep the beat in a variety of different ways
- I can perform alone and in groups
- I can sing with good form and technique
- I can identify the different sections to a song
In Grade 5 Music, students participated in the "Friendship Stick Game Song" written by Sherryl Sewepagaham, a Cree-Dene teacher, musician, and composer from Northern Alberta. Students sang, and played the stick game together, keeping the beat as they played. Later on in the week, we added the hand drum and gourd shakers to add texture to the song.



Comments
Post a Comment