We hope families enjoyed their fall break, and got a chance to reconnect with one another. With only one day in the Music room this week we did lots of review from last week, as well as introduced a few new ideas and concepts.
Choir Announcement:
Our school is excited to have the Sound Kreations residency at Andrew Sibbald from December 1-17. Our Winter Concert will feature the work students do during this residency. Our choir will perform at each performance on Tuesday, December 16 and Wednesday, December 17.
Kindergarten & Grade 1
- I can follow classroom routines and procedures
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can move to the steady beat of a song
- I can sing with others
In Kindergarten and Grade 1, students moved and sang along with the song I Can't Wait to Hibernate. This song playfully tells the story of how bears get ready to hibernate for the winter. Students also got to meet Barnabas the Bear puppet and enjoyed laughing and moving with him to this fun tune. More to come with this song next week.
Grade 2
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can sing and match pitch with others
Grade 3
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can move to the steady beat
- I can sing with others
- I can recognize the rhythm tika-tika
In Grade 3 Music, students learned the song Old Brass Wagon. Students learned the dance that goes along with this song, which includes moves like do-si-do and promenade. Classes worked on doing each dance move to the beat, focusing on being in sync with everyone. Students began to learn about the notation tika-tika, and are able to recognize these notes in music.
Grade 4
- I can identify and play both rhythm and beat
- I can perform alone and in groups
- I can sing with good form and vocal technique
- I can sing in two and three part canon
- I can play the rhythm ti-ta-ti-ta-ta
Grade 5
- I can identify and play both rhythm and beat
- I can perform alone and in groups
- I can sing with good form and vocal technique
- I can play the rhythm ti-ta-ti-ta-ta
Comments
Post a Comment