Its been another wonderful week in the music room. Students are really finding their singing voices, and it's been fun to connect as class communities through sharing this music together.
Thank you to the parent volunteers that provided lunch to the staff this week. It is truly a delight to have surprises like that. We are so fortunate to be part of such a wonderful and supportive community.
Choir Announcement:
For the next few weeks, choir students will be meeting on both Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch recess. Although the Thursday rehearsals are optional, it would be awesome to see the majority of choir kids both days so we can solidify our songs for the Winter Concert.
I have created a Google Classroom for our choir students. The songs we are working on can be accessed through this Classroom. In choir on Tuesday, students will be given the class code and will be invited to join the Classroom.
Kindergarten
- I can follow classroom routines and procedures
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can sing with others
In Kindergarten, students worked again with the song I Can't Wait to Hibernate. This song playfully tells the story of how bears get ready to hibernate for the winter. Students spent more time with Barnabas the Bear puppet and enjoyed laughing and moving with him to this fun tune. Students have also been learning how to spell "red" and "green" with two catchy colour songs. Ask your child to sing these for you!
Grade 1
- I can follow classroom routines and procedures
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can sing with others
- I can experiment with different vocal sounds like high and low voices
In Grade 1, students worked again with the song I Can't Wait to Hibernate. This song playfully tells the story of how bears get ready to hibernate for the winter. Classes discussed the different animals that hibernate and created voices for each animal. They played and explored their voice by singing in high, medium, and low voices. Students have also been learning how to spell "red" and "green" with two catchy colour songs. Ask your child to sing these for you!
Grade 2
- I can recognize and sing the intervals sol, mi, do
- I can sing and match pitch with others
- I can keep the beat in a variety of ways
Grade 3
- I can move in different ways throughout a space
- I can recognize the rhythm tika-tika and tim-tik
- I can create 4 beat rhythms
In Grade 3 Music, students focused on composing and playing rhythms. They incorporated new rhythm patterns tika-tika and tim-tik, in addition to ta and ti-ti. It was so cool to see students take risks to perform their compositions in front of their class, and heartwarming to see the support from their classmates.
Grade 4
- I can play the rhythm ti-ta-ti-ta-ta
- I can compose 4 beat rhythms to include new rhythm patterns
- I can perform alone and in groups
Grade 5
- I can play the rhythm ti-ta-ti-ta-ta
- I can compose 4 beat rhythms to include new rhythm patterns
- I can perform alone and in groups
Comments
Post a Comment