Congratulations to all performers on a wonderful concert last Thursday. It was such a job to see you shine on stage, and to see you get to showcase what you learned about Hip Hop back in December.
Thank you to families for being flexible and understanding as we navigated the rescheduling of this show.
Choir update:
Andrew Sibbald Choir is now concluded. Thank you choristers for bringing so much joy to my Tuesday afternoons! Info to come soon on a new singing experience and opportunity!
Kindergarten
- I can respond to music in different ways through movement
- I can express music through playing instruments
- I can play a variety of rhythm instruments
In Kindergarten, students got to see what instruments were in The Box of Mystery! Students learned about the tambourine and lummi sticks. They played their instruments to the song, "Play and Stop" and experienced playing instruments at specific times during the song.
Grade 1
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can recognize and play high and low sounds
- I can tell a story using instruments
Grade 1 students explored high and low sounds this week. They played games, sang songs, and moved to show the difference between these sounds. Later in the week, while Mrs. Kosior's class was preparing for their concert, Ms. Craik's class told the story Up Up Down by playing instruments. Ask your child what instrument they used to show different parts of the story.
Grade 2
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can move in a variety of ways to music
- I can learn about different genres of music
In Grade 2, students were busy preparing for their Winter Concert. We were so impress at how much of their routines they remembered, and how they were able to carry over what they learned in December to now. Great job!
Grade 3
- I can dance
- I can play barred instruments with proper mallet technique
- I can recognize the intervals, mi, re, do
- I can play a bordune and/or short melody on the barred instruments
- I can listen to a variety of instruments and respond to what I hear
In Grade 3 Music, students continued to work with the song and dance "Tideo." Students added accompaniment on the xylophones, and began recognizing the descending pitch pattern, mi, re, do. Students have been very interested in learning about Beethoven, so we continued to learn about this composer and what life was like when he was alive. We listened to "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven, and chatted about the difference in the harpsichord and piano. Ask your student how these two instruments are different.
Grade 4 & 5
- I can play the ukulele with proper form and technique
- I can strum to the beat of a song
- I can explore different genres of music
Comments
Post a Comment