Winter Concert Update:
We have a confirmed date of Thursday, January 22 at 6:00 pm for our students who didn't get the chance to perform in December. We look forward to celebrating our students and community!
Kindergarten
- I can respond to music in different ways through movement
- I show AB form through movement
- I can sing independently and with a group
In Kindergarten, students sang and moved to the song "Ha, Ha, This-a-Way." Students moved a variety of different ways, and worked with their partners to show the steady beat as they sang.
Grade 1
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can sing the intervals sol-mi
- I can create 4 beat rhythms of long and short sounds (ta, ti-ti)
In Grade 1, students sang and moved to the song, "Strawberry Shortcake." Through this song students worked on singing the intervals sol-mi, explored different rhythms, and created their own. Great job, Grade 1!
Grade 2
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can create 4 beat rhythms
- I can play a variety of different rhythms
In Grade 2, students worked with the song, "I Like to Play the Instruments." They worked on recognizing and playing a variety of 4 beat rhythms. Then, they got to create their own and play them on an instrument of their choice. We will continue to work with their compositions next week.
Grade 3
- I can dance
- I can play barred instruments with proper mallet technique
- I can recognize the intervals, mi, re, do
- I can play a bordune and/or short melody on the barred instruments
In Grade 3 Music, students learned the song and dance "Tideo." They found patterns within the music, and worked on recognizing different pitches on the music staff. Later in the week, students added accompaniment on the xylophones, and began recognizing the descending pitch pattern, mi, re, do.
Grade 4 & 5
- I can play the ukulele with proper form and technique
- I can strum to the beat of a song
- I can explore different genres of music

Comments
Post a Comment