New Music Club!
GLEE Club will officially begin on Tuesday, February 17th. This club in for students in Grades 3-5, will run from Feb-May and will be all about singing and dancing. We will sing popular music, and learn choreography to go along with our singing.
Can't wait to see you there!
Call for cardboard!
We are in need of 6-8 large appliance cardboard boxes for our upcoming Trickster residency
March 2-6.
If you have a large cardboard box available to donate, please contact Mrs. Odegard at ijodegard@cbe.ab.ca.
Kindergarten
- I can respond to music in different ways through movement
- I show AB form through movement
- I can sing independently and with a group
- I can play rhythm instruments with good technique
In Kindergarten, students sang to the song, "Skinnamarink." They performed actions and movements to this cute song. Students also did rhythm work, and we review their colour songs.
Grade 1
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can sing the intervals sol-mi
- I can show musical form through movement
- I can work cooperatively with peers
Our theme this month in Grade 1 is kindness and friendship. This week, Grade 1 students sang and moved to the song, "Hey There Friend." They performed a variety of actions and worked cooperatively with their classmates. Students also worked with short and long notes, and created rhythms together.
Grade 2
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can sing in canon
- I can show musical form through movement and rhythm
- I can work cooperatively with peers
In Grade 2, students learned the song "Make New Friends." Students performed this song as a canon, and also created rhythms to form a B section for this song.
Grade 3
- I can learn about composers and music from different genres
- I can play the ukulele with proper form and technique
- I can strum to the beat of a song
In Grade 3 Music, students continued their work on playing the ukulele. These amazing Grade 3 students can now play the chords C and Am!
Grade 4 & 5
- I can play the ukulele with proper form and technique
- I can pluck strings with good technique
- I can create an ostinato to accompany my singing
- I can learn about different cultural celebrations.
Comments
Post a Comment