Recorders have arrived!
Our recorders have arrived. Students have started playing them, and have the option to take them home in the coming weeks. If you indicated on the letter sent home that you are purchasing a recorder through the school, please check for the fee in your MyCBE account.
Kindergarten
- I can respond to music in different ways through movement
- I can identify and sort rhythm instruments into four different groups
This week in Kindergarten, students sorted rhythm instruments into 4 groups: woods, shakers/scrapers, skins, metals. Students got a chance to play instruments from group and we explored the characteristics that make each group unique.
Grade 1
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can listen and respond to music in a variety of ways
- I can tell the difference between beat and rhythm
- I can identify one and two sounds in a beat
This week, Grade 1 students sang and played a game to the song "Apple Tree." Students practiced identifying a variety of rhythms and distinguishing between beat and rhythm.
Grade 2
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can create 4 beat patterns using ta and ti-ti
- I can sing the intervals mi-re-do and sol-mi
In Grade 2, students worked with the song "Rain on the Green Grass." They had fun with mini umbrellas, and used them in a game to create a variety of 4 beat rhythms.
Grade 3, 4, & 5
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can play the recorder with proper technique
- I can analyze and respond when playing an instrument
Students in Grades 3-5 began playing the recorder this past week. They worked on proper recorder playing techniques and practiced expectations and procedures when playing instruments. It was fun to see their excitement and focus this week.
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can play the ukulele and barred instruments with proper technique
- I can sing the intervals sol-mi-la
- I can identify the notes E, G, and A on the music staff
Comments
Post a Comment