Skip to main content

April 20-24

 Recorders have arrived!

Our recorders have arrived. Students have started playing them, and have the option to take them home in the coming weeks. If you indicated on the letter sent home that you are purchasing a recorder through the school, please check for the fee in your MyCBE account. 

MyCBE Account 


Thank you to our wonderful parents and families who brought breakfast for the staff this past Wednesday. We so appreciate these treats!


Kindergarten

  • I can respond to music in different ways through movement
  • I can sing alone and with a group

This week in Kindergarten, students reviewed and practiced singing their colour songs we've been practicing throughout the year. 


Grade 1

  • I can perform independently and with a group
  • I can listen and respond to music in a variety of ways
  • I can tell the difference between beat and rhythm
  • I can identify one and two sounds in a beat

This week, Grade 1 students sang and played a game to the song "Apple Tree." Students practiced identifying a variety of rhythms and distinguishing between beat and rhythm. Students worked to create their own rhythms using ta and ti-ti. 







Grade 2

  • I can perform independently and with a group
  • I can create 4 beat patterns using ta and ti-ti
  • I can sing the intervals mi-re-do and sol-mi

In Grade 2, students worked with the song "Rain on the Green Grass." They had fun with mini umbrellas, and used them in a game to create a variety of 4 beat rhythms. Students created their own rhythm patters as well as melodic patterns using sol and mi. 












Grade 3, 4, & 5
  • I can perform independently and with a group
  • I can play the recorder with proper technique
  • I can analyze and respond when playing an instrument

Students in Grades 3-5 began playing the recorder this past week. They worked on proper recorder playing techniques and practiced expectations and procedures when playing instruments. Grade 3 and 4 students are working on E and G. Grade 5s have reviewed E, G, A, and B.




 



Comments