Skip to main content

April 6-10

 Recorders have arrived!

Our recorders have finally arrived. We will begin playing them in the coming week. If you indicated on the letter sent home that you are purchasing a recorder through the school, be on the lookout for the fee to be added to your MyCBE account. 

MyCBE Account 

If your student is bringing a recorder from home, please remind them to bring them in to school as soon as possible, so we can all be ready once we start playing them in class. 



Kindergarten

  • I can respond to music in different ways through movement
  • I can identify and sort rhythm instruments into four different groups

This week in Kindergarten, students sorted rhythm instruments into 4 groups: woods, shakers/scrapers, skins, metals. Students got a chance to play instruments from group and we explored the characteristics that make each group unique. 


Grade 1

  • I can perform independently and with a group
  • I can listen and respond to music in a variety of ways
  • I can identify and respond to tempos such as adagio, moderato, and allegro

This week, Grade 1 say the song "Plainsies, Clapsies." They moved to the song using scarves, and explored a variety of tempos (speed at which music is played). Students also got to explore the four different categories of rhythm instruments. 


Grade 2

  • I can perform independently and with a group
  • I can play barred instruments with proper technique
  • I can sing the intervals mi-re-do

In Grade 2, students worked with the song "Hot Cross Buns" They practiced singing and identifying the descending intervals mi-re-do. At the end of the week we put it all together and played "Hot Cross Buns" on the barred instruments. 



           


Grade 3 & 4

  • I can perform independently and with a group
  • I can play the ukulele with proper technique
  • I can sing the intervals sol-mi
  • I can identify the notes E and G on the music staff

In Grade 3 and 4 Music, students worked with the "Cukoo." This is a call and response song that uses the pitches E and G. Students played this song on the ukulele and barred instruments, getting practice identifying E and G on a variety of instruments. We will play this song on the recorder soon!













 
Grade 5
  • I can perform independently and with a group
  • I can play the ukulele and barred instruments with proper technique
  • I can sing the intervals sol-mi-la
  • I can identify the notes E, G, and A on the music staff

Grade 5 students created music this week with the song "Rain Song." They identified and played the notes E, G, and A on barred instruments and the ukulele. Students showed great musicianship by listening and responding to the each other to play as a unified ensemble.


Comments