Recorders have arrived!
Our recorders have arrived. Students have started playing them, and have the option to take them home in the coming weeks. If you indicated on the letter sent home that you are purchasing a recorder through the school, please check for the fee in your MyCBE account.
Kudos to our Kindergarten, Grade 2 and GLEE Club students for their wonderful performances on Friday at the Volunteer Tea. Your enthusiasm and joy was a treat to see!
Kindergarten
- I can respond to music in different ways through movement
- I can sing alone and with a group
This week in Kindergarten, students reviewed and practiced singing their colour songs in preparation for the Volunteer Tea last Friday.
Grade 1
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can listen and respond to music in a variety of ways
- I can play the Boomwhackers with good technique
- I can play the steady beat
This week, the highlight for Grade 1 students was playing the Boomwhackers. They practiced playing in time with the music, and using proper Boomwhacker technique. Great fun was had by all.
Grade 2
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can move and respond to music
- I can show the patterns in music
In Grade 2, students worked on their performance song for the Volunteer Tea last Friday. They also learned the dance to the song "La Raspa." This spirited Mexican folk song, teaches song form and also dancing alone and with a partner.
Grade 3, 4, & 5
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can play the recorder with proper technique
- I can analyze and respond when playing an instrument
Students in Grades 3 and 4 are working on proper recorder playing techniques. Grade 3 and 4 students are working on the notes E, G, and A. A focus this week was listening like a musician and responding to what students hear.
Grade 5 students have begun working on Recorder Karate. In this recorder program, students practice a variety of songs, and once mastered, they can earn a "belt." These levels go all the way from White Belt to Black Belt and beyond!
Comments
Post a Comment