Skip to main content

May 18-22

 Recorders: Grade 3-5 families, please make sure you've paid your recorder fee in your MyCBE account. 

MyCBE Account 


Kindergarten & Grade 1

  • I can respond to music in different ways through movement
  • I can respond to high and low sounds

This week in Kindergarten, students worked to show high and low sounds with movement. They moved to "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals, and enjoyed singing the song, "Listen to the River." 


Grade 2

  • I can sing alone and with a group
  • I can read and play a variety of rhythms
  • I can play barred instruments with good technique

In Grade 2, students added layers of texture to the song "Frog in the Middle." Using auxillary percussion, students created sounds one might find in a frog habitat. Instruments like the ratchet, frog guiro, vibraslap, and rain stick were among some of the favourites. 







Grade 3

  • I can perform independently and with a group
  • I can play the recorder with proper technique
  • I can analyze and respond when playing an instrument

This week, Grades 3 played "Rain Dance" on the recorder. They partnered up to listen and respond to their partner's recorder playing, and gave constructive feedback, showing their recorder expertise. Later in the week, students added the xylophones and auxillary percussion to add more layers of texture to their song.


Grade 4

  • I can play the recorder with proper technique
  • I can compose and play a variation on an existing melody
  • I can analyze and respond when playing an instrument

Grade 4 students continued to work on their Hot Cross Buns Theme & Variations composition they began last week. It has been fun to see their creativity and excitement flow. 



Grade 5

  • I can perform independently and with a group
  • I can play the recorder with proper technique
  • I can analyze and respond when playing an instrument

Grade 5 students have begun working on Recorder Karate. In this recorder program, students practice a variety of songs, and once mastered, they can earn a "belt." These levels go all the way from White Belt to Black Belt and beyond!


Comments