Recorders: Grade 3-5 families, please make sure you've paid your recorder fee in your MyCBE account.
Kindergarten
- I can respond to music in different ways through movement
- I can show the beat in a variety of ways
- I can sing alone and in a group
This week in Kindergarten, worked with the song "On a Log." With this song, students moved like Mr. Frog. They passed our friend, Mr. Frog, hopped, danced, and sang, working to move with the beat of the song. Students also moved to show different sections of the song.
Grade 1
- I can sing independently and with a group
- I can play a variety of instruments with good technique
- I can sort rhythm instruments into groups based on their sound and playing characteristics
- I can play the steady beat to a song
This week, Grade 1 students sang and worked with the song "We're Going to the Zoo." Students enjoyed reflecting on their recent field trip this week. Students moved like their favourite animals from the zoo and played instruments that have similar characteristics to the animals in our zoo song.
Grade 2
- I can sing alone and with a group
- I can move and respond to music to show song form
- I can explore music from places around the world
In Grade 2, students learned about Mexican culture and Cinco de Mayo. Students learned about and participated in the music, dancing, and language from Mexico.
Grade 3
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can play the recorder with proper technique
- I can analyze and respond when playing an instrument
Students in Grades 3 composed their own melodies using the notes G and A. Groups of 3-4 students composed, rehearsed, and performed their melodies. I was so impressed with many students' abilities to work cooperatively to make music together.
Grade 4
Grade 4 students are working on the notes E, G, A, and B. A focus this week was articulating with proper technique to separate notes, which helps students play the rhythms clearly.
Grade 5
Grade 5 students have begun working on Recorder Karate. In this recorder program, students practice a variety of songs, and once mastered, they can earn a "belt." These levels go all the way from White Belt to Black Belt and beyond!
Comments
Post a Comment