Our students have been enjoying the song "Be Kind" by Joe Reilly. A catchy melody with a beautiful message.
Recorders: Grade 3-5 families, please make sure you've paid your recorder fee in your MyCBE account.
Kindergarten
- I can respond to music in different ways through movement
- I can respond to long and short sounds
This week in Kindergarten, students explored beat, and short and long sounds. They created patterns of long and short sounds, and worked together to add them to our song, "Do As I'm Doing."
Grade 1
- I can sing alone and with a group
- I can create and play a variety of rhythm patterns
- I can use respond to music through movement
- I can play la-sol-mi on the barred instruments
- I can play barred instruments with good technique
Grade 2
- I can sing alone and with a group
- I can recognize that beats can be put in groups of 3
- I can show the strong and weak beats through movement
In Grade 2, students continued to explore strong beat and 3/4 time signature. They learned a song called "Balloons." Of course we had to practice our new concepts with balloons. Students found many different ways to show the strong beat on their own and with a partner.
- I can identify characteristics of instruments of the orchestra
- I can sort instruments into four specific groups
Grade 5
- I can perform independently and with a group
- I can play the recorder with proper technique
- I can play barred instruments with proper technique
Grade 5 students began working on their performance piece for Grade 5 Farewell. They sang, played the recorder, and also added the xylophones and glockenspiels.

Comments
Post a Comment